Skype
codbarley

A State Of Trance A State Of Trance

Are you guys fucking serious? this guy stole this track. It's actually by Roger Shah. REported mother fucker!

[Jay T] - Poundcake! [Jay T] - Poundcake!

I thought the whole thing was kind of annoying. The main bass is to high pitched and too loud. the whole thing was so simple and repetitive. I don't understand why this has so many views.

UGMI - Marine Arena (NG Edit) UGMI - Marine Arena (NG Edit)

this sounds...

seriously off key. otherwise, I would have given a better score. this is ear rape. :/

NM - Cod Barley Promo Mix NM - Cod Barley Promo Mix

I'm flattered

but do you really think I'll get any exposure?

NanvanNoord responds:

I think it will get voted down quite soon, but I can vote it up again :P
I don't know if you are happy with 200, 300, 400, or maybe 800 plays.

Alternate Dimensions ~FNG~ Alternate Dimensions ~FNG~

its good

but it feels like it's lacking some meat, some fullness. maybe it's just me, I'm still kinda sick and my ears are all weird....

Omnivore responds:

Well get'em fixed so you can hear this song bettaaaa!

Glide (AVAT Theme) ~FNG~ Glide (AVAT Theme) ~FNG~

awesome

=3

Omnivore responds:

Thanks man :3

Before You Live (demo) Before You Live (demo)

Oh man

Your percussion mix really needs some work! Try to compress the kick a bit, give it more volume and less high EQ and Low EQ, try to focus it on mid-high EQ without making it too overbearing. It should have a nice balance to it. For reference, listen to my song Walking On Air. Also, the snare needs more volume and high EQ the high hat needs more volume and some stereo separation. The bass needs moar powa! you should learn how to sidechain in whichever program you are using, I only know how to in Fruityloops but sidechaining is an invaluable tool for trance artists. side chain the bass andmaybe the lead arp if it sounds good to you. mix up the percussion patterns a bit more and . Nice choice in Synths but they need better mixing because they sound pretty muddy. decent composition tho! keep practicing and check out my new stuff plz ;)

Reserved - Dj ReVeRsE Reserved - Dj ReVeRsE

Hrm...

Kick sounds a little muddy like it's underwater, might want to use a better sample for it and lower the low and high EQ a bit, trance kicks are normally accented in the mid-high EQ range with balanced low EQ. The snare needs a better sample and some more High EQ and some stereo separation. give the song more variety in it's percussion patterns. the first lead needs to have less mid low, mid and mid high EQ on it so that the pad shines through a bit more. The FX could use better compression and less mid as well. Also, try not to have the same chord progression throughout the whole song. mix it up and give it better dynamics. Hope this helps and drop a comment and a vote on my new stuff too plz ;)

Dj-ReVeRsE responds:

Thanks a lot for the detailed response, i will vote on your stuff soon :)!

Strength From Within Strength From Within

Reviewing as i listen....

In the first couple seconds I noticed a conflict between the lead arp and the pads. This could be because the pad has too much mid EQ and should be accented in low and high EQ, either that or the arp simply has too much volume. I like the transition into the beat, but a nice soft crash would accent the shift better. Hrm I don't wanna dismantle this too badly tho but I will tell you, put more variable percussion patterns in the song. Keep the beat fresh, give the listener something more too chew on every 10 seconds relatively. Progressive trance is designed to keep the listener interested for the whole duration of the song so put more instruments in there at different volumes. work on giving the piece more depth and secrets that the listener really has to concentrate on to hear. Give the transitions more importance and try to make it flow flawlessly like water. Check out my new stuff plz and thnx ^^

ReWired responds:

thanks for the review. I agree with your percussion advice and I'll look again at the EQ.

-ReWired

Rift Overture No.1 (WIP) Rift Overture No.1 (WIP)

Very Chill

On first glance, the kick comes in a bit fast and it could use more power as well as the bass. In the beginning, The intro should develop a bit more before the kick comes in and the general percussion could use a bit of a volume boost. The hats and clap should be just as accented as the rest of the instruments. I like the clap but the pan is a little hard for my taste. Also I feel like too many notes are hitting at the same time as the kick which irritates me after a couple seconds. Beautiful chord progression and melodies and I love the harmonized bell lead that comes in at around 1:12 but after the first few seconds it gets a little too crowded for the minimalistic feel of the song in general. you might want to space the notes out more than that and maybe add some delay effects? Some nice super saw pads sidechained to the kick would come in handy after the bell lead does it's thing the first time too. Put some FX in there around key points in the song as well and mix the percussion patterns up a bit more than just the couple you have going here. more varied percussion sequences gives the piece more depth and distance, give some of the leads some stereo separation as well to make it feel this way. Because of the slow tempo of the song, it's easier to get away with abrupt transitions, but smooth them out a bit anyway to make the song flawless.

Psychknight responds:

Appreciate the feedback. Now, I am aware you're coming from a production standpoint, which, like I said, I appreciate any feedback, so thank you. But I don't really care about "fancy" production, I care about music and melody more than anything. I know what you mean though.

I think maybe what you want is a bit more of this, minus the faster pace maybe.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/406864

I will take your constructive criticism under future consideration in music production.
Thank you again.